Location: Oakville, Ontario or Montreal, Quebec
Insurance Compliance Associate (LLQP License) – Oakville, ON / Montréal, QC
The Insurance Compliance Associate is responsible for supporting a wide variety of supervisory, compliance, and risk functions. The successful candidate will be accountable for maintaining a controlled environment through the adherence to Nour Insurance Services Inc. (“NIS”) policies and procedures, in addition to all Canadian regulatory requirements.
Education and/or Experience
- A Life License Qualification Program (LLQP) required
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent education or experience
- Previous industry experience required
- Perform daily services in a timely, professional manner.
- Assist in preparing and releasing emails through bulletins for seminars, newsletters, and information packages.
- Assist the compliance department in the supervision of Advisors.
- Maintain compliance and regulatory best practices and obligations.
- Provide guidance to advisors on rules, regulations, and best practices.
- Provide regular training to advisors. Manage training invitations and training sessions.
- Provide annual advisor audits (spot checks). Handle advisors’ complaints regarding meeting setups.
- Complete “welcoming” audit for new advisors within the first three months of onboarding with the firm. Complete advisor onboarding process through the specified channels and systems.
- Review Seg Trades with Compliance, assist with the platform for complaints to review.
- Keep monitoring the validity of advisors’ licenses, send out reminders for renewals.
- keep monitoring advisors continue-education credit.
- Handles day-today French/English translation for operation needs.
- Other services as requested by management from time to time.
- Valid insurance licensing.
- An undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics or a related discipline, or equivalent experience and education an asset.
- Successful completion of the CSC and CPH courses is considered an asset.
- Superior knowledge of Individual Life, Living Benefits and Group Benefits Insurance.
- In-depth knowledge of the insurance regulatory framework in Canada, proficiency with insurance rules and regulations and provincial securities legislation.
- Expertise with insurance policy documents, both internal and external.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively.
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and proficiency with Zoom and social media platforms.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage changing priorities and in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Practical problem-solving skills and demonstrated sound professional judgement.
- Strong attention to detail, with a sense of ownership and responsibility.
- An ability to work independently.
- Evidence of strong leadership capabilities or previous supervisory experience
- A flair for building relationships and a strong work ethic
- Dependable, courteous, and punctual
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. Working in collaborative teams, we care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive pay
- Continued opportunities for attractive career advancement
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
Nour Insurance Service is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans’ status, Aboriginal/Native American status, or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
Compensation: based on experience
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Group Savings Plan:
- 100% company matching plan
- Increasing plan matching based on the longevity with the company.
Conditions of employment:
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- A background check, satisfactory to the employer, may be required of the successful applicant prior to commencing employment.
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
COVID-19 considerations: face masks when required, sanitizers, temperature checking
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Do you have the following license or certification: LLQP?
- Are you fluent in both English and/or French?
SUBMIT YOUR CONFIDENTIAL APPLICATION