Investment Planning Services in Canada
At NPW, our specialty is meeting the needs of high-net-worth families, so you can rest assured you’re getting the best available investment planning services in Canada. A carefully laid-out investment plan will help you identify and reach your financial goals.
Markets rise and fall, but our investment strategy ensures you are prepared for any eventuality. As a Nour Private Wealth customer, your portfolios will be constructed in an expertly strategized way that fulfills your investment objectives while keeping in mind your risk tolerance and cash-flow needs.
Diversification across asset classes reduces risk while increasing returns – a core part of our investment philosophy at Nour Private Wealth. Our team of investment planning advisors will constantly monitor your portfolio, making the appropriate adjustments when necessary and keeping you updated on any changes. Your wealth management is your future, so any key changes to your portfolio will be discussed with you personally on a consistent basis.
High net worth families face a unique set of investment challenges, which is why working with a private wealth management firm, like Nour Private Wealth, is essential. We understand the specifics involved with high net worth investment strategies and ensure that your strategy works to your benefit and helps you achieve your financial goals.
What Is Investment Planning?
Investment planning is the process of setting financial goals and putting a strategy in place to meet them. After identifying your financial goals, we match them to the available resources, which include cash, equities, bonds and real estate. An investment spread is then created aimed at generating the best possible returns.
What Are The Objectives Of Investment Planning?
Investment planning is generally aimed at some or all of the following goals:
- Long-term financial security: Sound investment planning is mostly intended to secure a family’s wealth for the long term. The creation and protection of multi-generational wealth is the ultimate objective in this regard.
- Generating income: The best way to create more wealth is to make the wealth you already have work for you to create ongoing revenue. Through careful analysis and strategic placement of investments, wealth managers seek to strike the right risk-return ratio and accordingly invest in appropriate asset classes in order to maximize returns.
- Capital growth: Aside from generating income, the value of assets must also grow so that they can generate a profit when they are sold. Investors thus aim to invest strategically in securities and other assets that will grow in value over the long term.
- ‡Tax minimization: An important part of financial and investment planning is using the available resources, exemptions, deductions and other strategies to minimize what investors owe to the state at the end of the fiscal year. Some investments offer more favourable ‡tax outcomes than others, meaning they should be targeted for ‡tax minimization. This often requires a careful balance between maximizing returns on investment and minimizing ‡tax liabilities.
What Are The Advantages Of Investment Planning?
The benefits of investment planning are closely linked to the objectives outlined above.
- Ensuring financial safety: Good investment planning can ensure that a family is always provided for, even if the main provider becomes unable to work or passes away.
- Income management: With a good investment plan in place, you can manage your income and spend more prudently. Having an investment plan in place will help you to keep your discretionary spending under control.
- Standard of living: Having successful investments can help you and your family to maintain a decent standard of living, even when times get tough. The loss of income to the main breadwinner, for example, can be offset by the returns on investments.
How An Investment Plan Is Created
When you approach a wealth advisor at NPW, we will generally follow these five steps to create your investment plan:
- Set your financial goals: First we must identify your short-term and long-term financial goals. Are you planning for your retirement and/or your legacy? Or perhaps you are saving towards a shorter-term goal like your children’s education or the purchase of a property.
- Analyze your risk appetite and capacity: How much risk are you willing to take – and what resources do you have at your disposal to put into that risk? If you have plenty of funds saved up or a lot of assets, then you may want to take more of a risk. If not, you may want to be a little more conservative. We will explain the risks involved with all the investment vehicles, and make recommendations on the basis of your comfort levels and available resources.
- Learn about the investment options: Before you make any investment decisions, you need to know what your options are. We will explain every investment vehicle, from stocks and bonds to precious metals and property. You need to understand what risks are involved with each, and what you stand to gain by investing in them.
- Allocate your assets: Having learned about the options, you can then decide how to allocate your investments to create a diversified portfolio that targets the maximum possible returns.
- Implement the portfolio plan: Once the investment decisions have been made, your investment advisor will start the long-term process of monitoring and managing your portfolio. Goals are reviewed each year in light of the performance of the various assets in the portfolio. Adjustments can then be made to ensure your long-term financial goals are still being met.
Overcoming Emotions And Biases
While it is true that many investors make decisions based on shifting emotions and perceptual biases, the object of a sound investment plan created and monitored by a professional wealth advisor is to overcome this and ensure that investment decisions are made as objectively as possible. You should not give in to the urge to pull your money out of a particular investment due to a temporary dip in the market. If careful analysis indicates that your investment should be adjusted, then do so by all means. Otherwise, override your momentary fears and allow the asset to recover. Negative returns in the short run often lead to long-term gains. The best thing to do is allow your wealth manager to monitor the markets and take their advice, which will always come from careful analysis and a balanced long-term view.
Nour Private Wealth is a team of expert financial and investment advisors who have helped many Canadian high-net-worth families to manage and grow their wealth through our expert investment planning services.
For more information about our investment planning services in Canada, contact us today.
Want to Learn More?
Please provide your contact details and the services you’re interested in, and one of our qualified advisors will contact you soon.